New York City: July 26–29, 2011 (9am-6pm)
Register on nextd.eventbrite.com.
WorkshopONE: Exploring cross-disciplinary innovation now!
WorkshopTWO: Understanding cross-disciplinary innovation now!
WorkshopTHREE: Leading cross-disciplinary innovation now!
ARE YOU READY?
Are you ready to cut through all the baloney and hype around design thinking, integrative thinking, creative intelligence, and innovation? If you are ready to move beyond all the marketplace theorizing and get to work, NextD WorkshopONE is for you.
Open to professionals from all backgrounds, NextD Academy has offered WorkshopONE / Exploring Cross-Disciplinary Innovation, once every summer since 2002.
Sponsored by and taught by hybrid cocreation experts at Humantific’s StrategyLab WorkshopONE is focused on teaching fundamental skills needed to work in all cross disciplinary contexts. Humantific has many years of experience working in the trenches with organizational leaders to harness collective brain power, drive change and build sustainable innovation capacity. If you are faced in your workplace with the challenge of getting diverse disciplines to work creatively together on complex fuzzy challenges this workshop is for you. You will be introduced to a hybrid way of working applicable to all challenge types not just product or service creation.
This summer we have added the opportunity for deeper innovation leadership skill-building with WorkshopTWO and WorkshopTHREE.
If you are called upon in your work to help others frame fuzzy complex challenges and opportunities this advanced skill-building program is for you.
We find that many NextD Academy attendees are midcareer professionals who are encountering opportunities to lead hybrid teams in their work but lack concrete cross-disciplinary innovation skills. Don’t let that window close on you without success. NextD Academy workshops provide the skills to get you ready to help others regardless of challenge type and regardless of their starting points. With these advanced skills you are able to add tremendous value to any meeting, any strategy creation, any complex challenge situation.
You can register for NextD WorkshopONE or the complete 4 day program.
GET YOURSELF READY!
WorkshopONE: Exploring Cross-Disciplinary Innovation
1 day workshop
WorkshopONE is both a mind awakening experience as well as a learning/skills development workshop. Exploring the language of innovation involves learning individual and group innovation skills at a tabletop level (i.e., the tools and behaviors). Participants experience the art and science of creative problem solving, and learn about their own individual styles. The skills learned in WorkshopONE are general innovation process skills.
WorkshopTWO: Understanding Cross-Disciplinary Innovation
1.5 day workshop
Designed to deepen your understanding of cross-disciplinary innovation and the toolbox introduced in WorkshopONE. Participants significantly advance their co-creation, creative problem solving process mastery in a positive, supportive environment. Master meeting roles and learn how to lead through process mastery rather than through content knowledge. Emphasis is on challenge framing mastery on the front end of complex multidimensional fuzzy situations.
WorkshopTHREE: Leading Cross-Disciplinary Innovation
1.5 day workshop
Designed to advance leadership skills in cross-disciplinary innovation WorkshopTHREE helps you put to practice all the learnings from WorkshopONE and TWO in a positive, supportive environment. Participants advance their skills regarding the facilitation of cross-functional teams and small groups. Includes practice of challenge mapping on real issues.
WorkshopONE: One day
Full Program (WorkshopONE,TWO,THREE): 4 days
To maximize learning of complex skills NextD Academy class size is typically small, most often less than 25 people.
Positive energy and an open mind are the only prerequisites required for NextD WorkshopONE.
Completion of WorkshopONE is prerequisite for attendance of WorkshopTWO and WorkshopTHREE
All NextD workshops are designed as experiential learning journeys rather than lecture format. With the help of experienced instructors you work your way through a series of self realizations and concrete cocreation skill building.
It’s no secret that 21st century Social Innovation, Organizational Transformation, Innovation Acceleration all require high level mastery of cross disciplinary cocreation skills including upstream challenge framing visualization.
If you would like to learn how to work upstream from defined briefs where challenges and opportunities are unpacked and framed, this accelerated skill-building is for you.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
– Cocreation skill, skill, skill!
– Chance to learn form Humantific’s cocreation professionals
– Deeper understanding of integrative thinking, creative intelligence, cross-disciplinary innovation
– WorkshopONE, TWO & THREE Workbook
– Results of your Innovation Profile
– Innovation Toolkit pocket card
– NextD Academy Completion Certificate
– NextD “Defuzz the Future” t-shirt
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS PARTICIPANTS
– “My expectations were greatly exceeded.”
– “NextD is the best articulation that I’ve seen of the future opportunity and challenges for the design professions.”
– “Had a lot of fun while learning many new skills”
– “Great experience…You have done an amazing job, and I’ve found it very inspiring.”
– “Real life examples”
– “Knowledgeable skillful delivery.”
– “I’d like to see my whole division sitting in this room and experiencing what it is to understand each other’s problem solving styles and the creative problem solving process”
– “A comprehensive approach to articulating the future role of design.”
– “I appreciate having one big conceptual bucket to help me think through all this stuff that I have been figuring out on my own.’
– “WorkshopONE provides valuable tools for tempered radicalism within a corporate culture.”
– “I learned new ways of doing and explaining what I do that I can use today.”
– “I appreciated the content, but also the opportunity to get a clearer sense of the context..”
– “WorkshopONE is a process for discovering your own process… brilliant!”
– “I appreciated meeting others working on Design 3.0, 4.0 and understanding their sense of where they are in the world.”
– “WorkshopONE solidifies concepts that I’ve explored and gives me tools to implement them.”
– “Served as both a catalyst to re-think my design approach, and as an opportunity to reinforce design principles that I hold dear.”
– “I feel a renewed excitement.”
– “WorkshopONE is essential for all teams of any discipline.”
Internationally recognized for deep knowledge of hybrid thinking and cross disciplinary cocreation Humantific works with organizational leaders in many industries.
Elizabeth is Co-Founder of Humantific. Her work involves the art, science, design and business of constructing human-centered SenseMaking systems. For more than ten years her practice and research work has been focused on the bridge between SenseMaking and ChangeMaking in organizations. Her graduate degree in design is from Art Center College of Design in California. Prior to creating Humantific Elizabeth Co-Founded Scient’s Innovation Acceleration Labs with GK VanPatter.
Janet is Director of Humantific StrategyLab. As a master of Strategic Co-Creation Facilitation she has over 20 years of successful experience helping organizational leaders drive change, solve problems that are important to them and find emerging opportunities for growth. She holds a Master of Science Degree in Industrial Relations and is relied upon as an innovation process master, facilitator, trainer and coach for executives, and teams in many industries.
Moving beyond talk to action Janet and Elizabeth have years of hands-on experience working with leadership teams on complex strategic challenges as well as innovation capacity building. They are also experienced teachers.
Working together, Janet and Elizabeth will be drawing from experience rather than academic books to teach real world cross-disciplinary cocreation skills.
See a few of many, many Humantific events here:
– New Visions, New Leaders
– Humantific at the BBC
– Markets for Giving Workshop
– CoCreating Strategy
– Complexity Navigation Program
– Integrative Thinking Research
– Summer Session 2009 Wraps
– Future Envisioning
– Humantific at DD4D in Paris
– Visual SenseMaking for Leaders
– Sustainabilitys FlipSide
– WorkshopONE Summer Session 2007
– The Rise of Visual SenseMaking
We reserve the right to make changes at any time within one week’s notice to location, starting time, and presenters. We reserve the right to cancel a workshop in the event of an unforeseen circumstance. In the event of a cancellation, we will refund the registration fee only.
Cancellations can be made up until 14 days before the scheduled event date and will incur a $50.00 cancellation fee. Refunds or credits will not be issued for cancellations made within 10 days of the scheduled event date. Substitutions will be accepted any time prior to the commencement of the event. Refunds or credits will not be issued for no-shows or for those who begin a course but do not complete it. If the event is cancelled all attendees will be notified via email and a refund issued. Registered participants that do not show and do not cancel will be required to pay the total course fee.
Feel free to contact us for any questions at vmiosuro (at) humantific (dot) com
NOT ABLE TO ATTEND AT THIS TIME?
If you would like to attend this workshop but have a schedule conflict let us know and we will keep you in the loop regarding future sessions in the United States and Europe. Send email to: engage (at) humantific (dot) com
WANT TO BRING YOUR ENTIRE TEAM?
Conducting NextD Workshops is only one of many work streams at Humantific. We are doing workshop based cross-disciplinary innovation skill-building on an ongoing basis with organizations in numerous countries. If you would like to consider bringing Humantific in to your organization to help with your innovation skill-building, innovation strategy creation, strategic thinking for leaders, feel free to let us know. Send email to: engage (at) humantific (dot) com