About NextD / DeFuzz the Future: Update July 2015:
NextD has been DeFuzzing the Future of Design Leadership at Scale, Design Thinking at Scale, ReScaling Design Methods, ReThinking Design Thinking since 2002. The NextD initiative was originally created by GK VanPatter and Elizabeth Pastor as a community sensemaking experiment. NextD has been sharing that sensemaking in numerous forms, accross numerous platforms for more than ten years. As a contribution to the community we are happy to make many of those documents available for free to those interested in the subject of ReRethinking Design Thinking. (See links below.)
Since launch the NextD team has given many, many talks and held numerous public workshops around the world (see examples below). NextD continues to create and share frameworks that make sense of the emerging future of design in the 21st century. We also continue to assist organizational leaders, educational leaders interested in created programs and cultures built around adaptable NextDesign Leadership Skills.
NextDesign Leadership Network
(LinkedIn Discussion Group)
NextDesign Leadership Principles
- Design thinking changes according to challenge scale.
- Content knowledge is not process knowledge.
- Facilitation is a process role not a content role.
- Advocating is not facilitation.
- Clarify/externalize/visualize process.
- Upstream tools are different from downstream tools.
- Proportion of sensemaking to strangemaking inverts as scale increases.
- Cocreation rises as challenge scale increases.
- Expand the universe, no more tribal acronyms.
- Think constructing challenge constellations not jumping from briefs.
- Sustainability is one challenge type, not meta design.
- Be useful in every context.
NextD Workshop Examples
The NextD Library:
The NextD Library contains more than 40+ downloadable documents.
More documents are being added continusously. Here are Ten Popular Documents:
Inspired by NextD
NextDesign Leadership Institute / New York
Design is Changing / Are You?
Inquires: Send email to kickitup (at) nextd (dot) org